By Dinah L. Moché
For a iteration, Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide has brought thousands of readers world wide to the evening sky. Now this vintage beginner's advisor has been thoroughly revised to convey it brand new with the newest discoveries.
Updated with the newest, such a lot exact details and greater than a hundred new photos and photographs, this 7th version features:
- Web website addresses all through for the simplest colour photographs and astronomy assets online
- Technical rules made uncomplicated with no mathematics
- A appealing new full-color, sleek insert with surprising astro-images
- An interactive structure with studying pursuits, stories, self-tests, and solutions for speedy learning
- Five newbies' famous person and Moon maps for enjoyable stargazing
Dinah L. Moché, Ph.D., is Professor of Physics and Astronomy on the urban collage of latest York. An award-winning writer and lecturer, her books have offered over ten million copies in seven languages.
Read Online or Download Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide, Seventh Edition (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) PDF
Similar astronomy books
The symposium “Star Clusters within the period of huge Surveys” used to be held in Lisbon on Sep 9-10 in the course of the JENAM 2010. It served as a platform for discussing what and the way fresh, on-going and deliberate large-area ground-based and space-based surveys can give a contribution to generating an enormous bounce during this learn box, which has a powerful eu background.
This publication includes new translations and a brand new research of the method texts of Babylonian mathematical astronomy, the earliest recognized type of mathematical astronomy of the traditional international. The translations are in response to a latest strategy incorporating contemporary insights from Assyriology and translation technological know-how.
With present expertise, a voyage to Mars and again will take threeyears. That’s loads of time for issues to move unsuitable. yet faster or latera enterprise will dedicate itself to sending people to Mars. How will the astronauts live on? a few issues to think about are:ith present expertise, a voyage to Mars and again will take threeyears.
Procedures governing the evolution of planetesimals are serious to knowing how rocky planets are shaped, how water is brought to them, the foundation of planetary atmospheres, how cores and magnetic dynamos increase, and eventually, which planets have the capability to be liveable. Theoretical advances and new info from asteroid and meteorite observations, coupled with spacecraft missions similar to Rosetta and sunrise, have resulted in significant advances during this box during the last decade.
- Plaidoyer pour réconcilier les sciences et la culture (Le collège) (French Edition)
- Breakthrough!: 100 Astronomical Images That Changed the World
- What We See in the Stars: An Illustrated Tour of the Night Sky
- Universis: Big Bangs and Universal Beings
- Submillimetre Studies of Prestellar and Starless Cores in the Ophiuchus, Taurus and Cepheus Molecular Clouds (Springer Theses)
Additional resources for Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide, Seventh Edition (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides)