By M. Dubofsky,J. McCartin
Read or Download American Labor: A Documentary History PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Over the process a 200 yr interval, women's household exertions progressively misplaced its footing as a well-known point of financial existence in the USA. identical to the colonial "goodwife," valued for her contribution to family prosperity, were changed by way of identical to a "dependent" and a "non-producer.
Following campaigning fifty years in the past, the Albemarle document verified the 1st sleek adolescence carrier. this can be now being dismantled and this passionate and polemical booklet demands a brand new tradition for formative years paintings, drawing at the better of early life work's prior. Doug Nicholls, a qualified and exchange union chief of teen employees for over thirty years, identifies what early life staff have accomplished and which significant alterations needs to ensue if their perform is to maintain with the extensively altered international.
Information approximately exertions unions is generally pessimistic, concentrating on declining club and failed campaigns. yet there are encouraging indicators that the hard work circulate is evolving its options to profit employees in swiftly altering worldwide fiscal stipulations. worldwide Unions, neighborhood strength tells the tale of the main profitable and competitive crusade ever waged by way of employees throughout nationwide borders.
David Card and Alan B. Krueger have already made nationwide information with their pathbreaking study at the minimal salary. right here they current a strong new problem to the traditional view that greater minimal wages decrease jobs for low-wage staff. In a piece that has very important implications for public coverage in addition to for the path of financial study, the authors positioned ordinary fiscal concept to the try, utilizing info from a chain of modern episodes, together with the 1992 raise in New Jersey's minimal salary, the 1988 upward push in California's minimal salary, and the 1990-91 raises within the federal minimal salary.
- Dienstleistungen im Gesundheitssektor: Produktivität, Arbeit und Management (German Edition)
- Community Economic Development in the United States: The CDFI Industry and America’s Distressed Communities
- Participation Programs in Work Organizations: Past, Present, and Scenarios for the Future: Past, Present and Scenarios for the Future
- We are going to kill each other today: The Marikana Story
- Rediscovering Collective Bargaining: Australia's Fair Work Act in International Perspective (Routledge Studies in Employment and Work Relations in Context)
Extra info for American Labor: A Documentary History