By J. Henry Owusu
Read or Download Africa, Tropical Timber, Turfs, and Trade: Geographic Perspectives on Ghana’s Timber Industry and Development PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Over the process a 200 yr interval, women's household exertions progressively misplaced its footing as a famous point of financial existence in the USA. clone of the colonial "goodwife," valued for her contribution to loved ones prosperity, were changed through clone of a "dependent" and a "non-producer.
Following campaigning fifty years in the past, the Albemarle document demonstrated the 1st smooth early life provider. this can be now being dismantled and this passionate and polemical publication demands a brand new tradition for formative years paintings, drawing at the better of formative years work's previous. Doug Nicholls, a certified and alternate union chief of teenage staff for over thirty years, identifies what adolescence employees have accomplished and which significant alterations needs to ensue if their perform is to take care of with the considerably altered global.
Information approximately hard work unions is mostly pessimistic, targeting declining club and failed campaigns. yet there are encouraging symptoms that the exertions flow is evolving its concepts to learn employees in swiftly altering international fiscal stipulations. worldwide Unions, neighborhood strength tells the tale of the main winning and competitive crusade ever waged by way of employees throughout nationwide borders.
David Card and Alan B. Krueger have already made nationwide information with their pathbreaking study at the minimal salary. right here they current a strong new problem to the normal view that greater minimal wages decrease jobs for low-wage staff. In a piece that has very important implications for public coverage in addition to for the path of financial examine, the authors positioned average monetary concept to the try, utilizing info from a chain of contemporary episodes, together with the 1992 bring up in New Jersey's minimal salary, the 1988 upward thrust in California's minimal salary, and the 1990-91 raises within the federal minimal salary.
- Spanish Regional Unemployment: Disentangling the Sources of Hysteresis: 0 (SpringerBriefs in Economics)
- Community Economic Development in the United States: The CDFI Industry and America’s Distressed Communities
- The Dawning of American Labor: The New Republic to the Industrial Age (The American History Series)
- The U.S. Scientific and Technical Workforce: Improving Data for Decisionmaking
- Unions, Change and Crisis: French and Italian Union Strategy and the Political Economy, 1945-1980 (European Trade Unions and the 1970s Economic Crisis)
- A. Philip Randolph and the Struggle for Civil Rights (New Black Studies)
Extra resources for Africa, Tropical Timber, Turfs, and Trade: Geographic Perspectives on Ghana’s Timber Industry and Development